tisdag 1 juni 2010

A hole in my eye

Dear 20-or-so readers!

Presenting to you this weeks drama: There is a hole in my eye! I kid you not.
I've been having trouble with styes in my right eye and they did seem to be unusually vicious, and after I had the latest one for a week i finally went to my optician who freaked out and and told me to remove my contacts NOW or I'd be in very much trouble/blind.
(In my defense I had not removed them even tho the eye had taken on the color of the insides of a freshly slain rabbit, cause if you have a sty they act as a band aid between it and the eye, and removing them causes ten times the pain. I was going for less pain = good. Unfortunately I was wrong).

Pic from previous sty. This time I did not get around to take one when it was at it's worst, I was preoccupied with being in immense amounts of pain.

So from there my trusty australian soldier dragged/carried me -by then I could not walk nor see- from copenhagen to malmö to see an eye doctor who told me I have gotten myself a hole in my cornea. Ouch. No really. Ouch. There is no words to describe the pain. I did not know one human could contain so much tear fluid. 
(Funny was I went all the way to Sweden to see a proper doctor, and once there he turned out to be Danish anyway, so I didn't understand a word he was saing (Anyway)).
Where was I - oh yes, doctor told put me on a ridiculous amount of drugs/eye drops I now have to take 13 times a day (!) and that I could not wear contact indefinately. Ugh. And no drinking, which is very depressing; now of all times one would like to drown ones sorrows.

Lots of freaky medicine


You can't really see but the medicine makes my pupils different size! Sci-fi!

So in order not to damage my eye permanently (which I might have done anyways, time will tell) I now can't work, can't look at screen or light box for more that very short times a go, and is overall bored out of my mind.
Did I mention I can't work? *wallowing in self pity*
Felt a little better after my friend Mattias (http://www.elftorp.com/) showed me this pic he made of me some time back:


How did he know? Creepy...
Oh and speaking of, I behave like a vampire in sunlight as a side effect. Shades on, spitting and fetal position.
To be continued...

7 comments:

nati 1 juni 2010 kl. 23:22  

Gosh! I'm so sorry for you! I hope you get better soon and come back to work on your beautiful comics! ..hug..

Åsa Ekström 2 juni 2010 kl. 06:01  

Thank you! ^_^
That does make me feel better! Gambarimasu...

Anonym,  2 juni 2010 kl. 11:22  

ååoo. stackars dig Åsa, det måste verkligen vara eb pina för dig att varken kunna jobba eller dricka T-T

Åsa Ekström 2 juni 2010 kl. 13:36  

he he malva det är som att du känner mig väldigt väl...

Anonym,  25 juni 2010 kl. 20:11  
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.
Anonym,  21 januari 2011 kl. 17:42  

Ja, sannsynligvis sa det er

creative advisor: lauren baily Image copyrights: åsa ekström

all text and images: åsa ekström



  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP